The Telecom Project Manager will be responsible for the execution of planned projects with the goal of expanding and improving our service offerings while exceeding performance targets.
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
1. Develop, prepare and execute planned projects based upon organization goals and objectives
2. Maintain project schedules and keep project resources (people, finances) on track.
3. Report project metrics, progress, budget and quality to stakeholders at regular update meetings.
4. Manage and maintain current and accurate records on contractors and project.
5. Deliver completed projects, on time and on budget, while meeting organizational standards.
6. Develop relationships with internal and external resources and maintain contact in order to monitor job progress.
7. Provide expertise and recommendations when faced with challenges or barriers to projects.
8. Identify, report and mitigate business risks.
9. Ensure accurate and complete files are maintained for projects and appropriate close-out documents are distributed.
10. Ensure that all jobs are maintained in a project tracking system, invoiced and closed with complete accuracy.
11. Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Academic/Educational Requirements:
Post-Secondary education in Telecommunications or Management
A combination of education and relevant work experience may also be considered
Project Management Certification (PMP)
Valid Ontario Driver’s License
Required Qualifications/Skills and Experience:
5+ years in the telecommunications industry preferably in outside plant construction
5+ years of telecom project management experience
Proficient in MS Office applications
Strong leadership and accountability skills
Effective organizational and communication skills
Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Well-developed decision making and problem solving skills
Exceptional time management to prioritize activities
Hours of Work:
40 Hours per Week
Salary Position - Hours may vary with business requirements
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, October 5, 2018.