First, open the mail client by double clicking the Windows Live Mail icon which will be located in your start menu or as an icon on your desktop.
In the Windows Live Mail program, click on the Accounts tab at the top of the screen, then click the Add E-mail Account button.
Fill out your account information, making sure to place a check mark in the Manually configure server settings option. Once finished, click the Next button in the bottom right to continue.
Note: if you would rather have your password remembered so that you don't need to enter it everytime you check for email, make sure to place a check in the Remember this password option as well.
Now, configure your server settings as follows:
- Incoming Server Type = IMAP
- Incoming Server Address = mail.bmts.com
- Incoming Port = 993
- Authenticate using = Clear text
- Logon user name = First part of your e-mail address. For example, the username for email@example.com would just be johndoe
- Outgoing Server Address = smtp.bmts.com
- Outgoing Port = 587
- Requires a secure connection (SSL) = enabled (on both incoming and outgoing servers)
- Requires authentication = enabled
Once complete, click the Next button to continue.
Congratulations! Your e-mail account should be ready to begin using in Windows Live Mail. Click the Finish button to close the account settings window and you should now see your Bruce Telecom e-mail address listed on the left of the Windows Live Mail screen.