It's easy to set up and begin using Mac OS X's Mail application.
Tip: If you entered your email account information when you registered Mac OS X, you don't need to set up Mail again.
How to set up Mail
First, gather some information about your email account.
- Type of email account you have (Bruce Telecom uses POP or IMAP)
- Your email address (email@example.com)
- Your account password
- Mail server ("host") names (mail.bmts.com for incoming and smtp.bmts.com for outgoing)
Next, follow these steps to configure Mail:
- Open Mail.
- Choose Preferences from the Mail menu. If you have not yet set up any accounts, the Mail Setup window appears, and you can skip to Step 7.
- Click the Accounts icon in the Mail Preferences window.
- Click Create Account.
- Choose the correct account type from the pop-up menu.
- In the Description field, type any name you would like to use to identify the account. This is the name that will appear in your list of accounts.
- Using the rest of the information you gathered, complete the rest of the fields. Bruce Telecom does not use secure authentication when sending.
- If desired, click the Account Options tabs to change the default account behavior.
- Click OK when you are finished.
Repeat these steps for any other accounts you want to set up.
If you've set things up but can't seem to get or send email, please feel free to contact us using the link below.