WHY WORK WITH US?
• We are a strong local company offering world-class products and services
• You will have an opportunity to participate in training and growth opportunities
• We support a healthy and balanced lifestyle
• You will receive very competitive wages
If you are passionate about working with people, are inspired by new learning opportunities and making a contribution to improving our business, then we are interested in hearing from you!
CONSTRUCTION ASSISTANT - Seasonal, Full-Time
The Construction Assistant is responsible for supporting the Construction Technicians in maintaining outside plant cable network in order for Bruce Telecom to effectively conduct business.
Reports to: Network & Operations Manager
1. Assist in the placement, cutover, removal and fault locating of telephone plant with minimal disturbance to the customer and property.
2. Support the troubleshooting, inspection, repair and replacement bonds, grounds and connections in the Outside Plant Facilities.
3. Operate various equipment and instruments to bury cable to complete construction projects.
4. Complete service orders or work orders with all relevant information including equipment and materials used, time of completion and labour.
5. Input, review, update and analyze construction drawings using the mapping tool.
6. Convert maps and plant records to view and access in field of operations.
7. Ensure that all vehicles, equipment and tools used are maintained, cleaned and kept in good working order and if found deficient reported to the manager.
8. Prepare work sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work.
9. Comply with all roadside safety regulations and health and safety procedures.
10. Complete other duties as assigned by the Manager.
Minimum Educational & Experience Requirements:
Post-Secondary Education in Electronics or Telecommunications an asset
Valid Class G Driver’s License
Background knowledge of telecommunications industry an asset
Knowledge and operation of heavy equipment
Willingness to learn
Conscientious and hard-working
Attention to detail
Strong interpersonal and communication skills
Possess good decision-making skills
Ability to work within a team
Hours of Work:
40 Hours per Week
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com by Friday, March 31, 2017.
The Manager of Finance will effectively lead overall internal and external financial and statistical reporting including all transactional processes, purchasing and asset control as well as overseeing physical facilities maintenance and security. As an active member of the leadership team of Bruce Telecom, this role will provide financial updates, outlook and analysis toward decision making and will coordinate annual budget and year-end financial reporting cycles.
Reports to: CFO
Supervises: Finance, Materials & Facilities Maintenance Teams
1. Align departmental planning to meet key business initiatives:
• Oversee the management of accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit & collections, capital asset tracking, inventory control, purchasing and general accounting functions
• Actively participate in the preparation of budget and forecast information that meets shareholder expectations for presentation and approval by the Board
• Ensure effective stewardship of the company’s assets and that the necessary audit and control procedures are in place and tested to protect the physical, real and intellectual property
• Focus upon timely preparation of financial reports (i.e. monthly, quarterly and annual budget to actual schedules) and the accompanying analysis to detail variance explanation according to established thresholds
• Perform financial analysis to support decision-making processes on an as requested basis (i.e. lease vs. buy, payback and project justification)
• Act in a mentoring role to non-financial managers in order to raise the quality of the budgeting processes and continually improve the economic stewardship and performance of the company
• Act as lead resource during the annual audit engagement, establishing clear direction to staff on tasks to ensure a well-coordinated process of preparing all necessary information as requested by external audit team
• Oversee facilities maintenance and security for all Bruce Telecom sites
2. Manage People and Performance
• Ensure direct reports understand safe work practices and oversee that they work safely
• Work with team to troubleshoot areas of concern and assist with eliminating road blocks
• Participate in recruiting and inducting staff who are able to meet the role expectations
• Ensure policies and procedures are followed and standards of performance are met
• Set challenging performance expectations and hold staff accountable for delivering
• Conduct regular performance discussions to review progress and create development plans and regular coaching opportunities
3. Demonstrate Leadership
• Advocate and maintain excellence in all work and demonstrate continuous improvement
• Demonstrate the vision and values of the organization
• Set clear expectations of behavior and conduct
• Open to receiving ideas and feedback from others that may challenge views and alter self-awareness of own personal leadership style
• Maintain technical/functional skills, knowledge and abilities while focusing on developing increased managerial leadership strength
• Uphold leadership and management accountabilities that result in the induction, performance management, learning and development of staff capability
4. Lead Change
• Contribute to continuous improvement of business processes, systems, policies and services
• Understand, involve others, and communicate the need for change
• Develop a change plan and involve others in executing and delivering the change effectively
Educational & Experience Requirements:
Completion of recognized accounting designation (CPA)
An applicant in the final stages of a program of professional studies who possesses an acceptable combination of professional experience and technical training may be considered
A minimum of 5 years of experience within a finance team environment
A minimum of 2 years of experience in a leadership role is considered an asset
Required Knowledge & Skills:
Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team
Effective coaching and mentoring ability
Strong written and verbal communication skills
High level of critical and logical thinking, analysis, and reasoning
Skilled at process management
Strong team building ability
Superior organizational, time management and prioritizing skills
Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedures
Attention to detail in all areas of work
Hours of Work:
Typically 8 to 5 Monday to Friday
If interested in this opportunity, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Bruce Telecom is an equal opportunity employer. We actively encourage applications from qualified men and women, including Aboriginial peoples, persons with disabilities, and members of visible minorities.
Bruce Telecom is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA). If you require an accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com